Parent Communication Page

The Board of Education invites you to get involved in your child's education. Join the PTO, come to Board of Ed. meetings, volunteer in your child's school, attend school events, help with homework, and VOTE.

yes we can


Q: Where do I go to enroll or re-enroll my child in school?
A: Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) is in charge of registration.

Q: Where do I find basic information about my child's school?
A: Each school has its own section on this site.
    Go to Our Schools

Q: Where do I find information about the Common Core State Standards?
A: The Principals gave a series of presentations at Board of Ed. meetings.

Q: Where do I find data about the performance of the district?
A: You can find the district's report card at nySTART.

Q: If my child needs extra help, what kind of help is available?
A: See the Extra Help Guides at RHS and RMS. Many of the
     elementary schools have have homework and after school
     help for students. Contact the principal of your child's school.

Q: Are there community resources that I can turn to for help?
A: ONLINE tutoring, Live-brary Homework Help and SAT Prep are free with your library card at the Riverhead Library. Also see:  Community/Educational Resources Links.

Q: Where do I find information about afterschool clubs and activities?
A: RHS Clubs; RMS Clubs; Calendar at a Glance; School Newsletters

Q: Where do I find information on Character Education?
A: Your search can start on the Character Ed page.

Q: Where can I find information about the school budget, etc.
A: That information is available through the Board of Ed. page.

Q: How can I get involved in my child's school or within the district?
A: Contact the principal; join the PTO; go to a Board of Ed. meeting  and volunteer to help.

Q: What if my child has a problem in his or her school or within the district?
A: Contact the child's teacher; see "existing brochures that address this concern" below. The chain of communication brochure is for the high school, but it will help you with the PROCEDURE to FOLLOW in any of the schools.

Q: Where do I find information about the Districtwide Emergency Plan?
A: Go to the District's Safety website page and click on DISTRICTWIDE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PLAN.

Existing brochures that address this concern are the RHS CHAIN OF COMMUNICATION and the RHS COMMUNICATION REFERENCE GUIDE. Teacher and staff email addresses are on a link on each school's School Information page.

Bill Groth, the Director of Athletics, Health and Physical Education recommends the following links to help parents with Health and Wellness issues that may impact you or your family. For more information on Health and Wellness issues, go to the District's Health and Wellnss Link. Also see the District's Sports and Wellness Overview booklet.

A Video Library about Health and Wellness Issues - Your Gateway to Federal Food Safety Information.

Also see the DISTRICT'S SAFETY PAGE for information about safety issues.

If there is something you'd like to see on this link, please email or call 369-6712.

             For more information, please go to the home page for links.

Board of Ed. Meetings

Bd. of Ed. Meetings are the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month.


Building Bond Update
An update on the Building Bond that will revitalize our district's schools.
> Building Bond Update