(Jan. 26, 2015) SCHOOL CLOSING INFORMATION
Message from Superintendent Nancy Carney:
información in Espanol
Good morning…Below are the plans for the next two Days.
Today: Monday, January 26, 2015
· All K-4 buildings (Aquebogue, Phillips, Riley & Roanoke) will be dismissed at 12:00PM
· Pulaski, Middle School, and High School will be dismissed at usual time
· Afternoon Pre-K is cancelled
· No after school / evening activities
· All Regents exams scheduled for 12:15 today have been cancelled. All Regents exams scheduled for tomorrow have been cancelled. Further information regarding this will be forthcoming from the high school.
TOMORROW: Tuesday, January 27, 2015
· All schools and offices will be closed
· No afterschool / evening activities
· The Board of Education meeting is cancelled
INFORMATION IN CONNECT ED CALL FROM DAVID WICKS
Información in Espanol
This is David Wicks, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction for the Riverhead Central School District. Please listen to the following information regarding the impending hazardous weather. (Espanol)
GO to the Section XI website for the most up-to-date sports rescheduling information: www.sectionxi.org
HOURS: Riverhead Schools
Inclement Weather Procedure
The district has a procedure for determining
whether or not a student attending an out-of-district school will receive
transportation services when inclement weather enters the picture.
The procedure used for making this determination actually comes in two steps:
>See Letter Concerning Procedure (pdf)
FOR SCHOOL CLOSING INFO ONLINE, PLEASE CLICK ON:
12 Long Island's Website
(click on Closings and Delays button)
FOR SCHOOL CLOSING INFO on the RADIO / TV, PLEASE LISTEN TO:
WALK - Patchogue 1370. AM/97.5 FM Dial
WRCN - Riverhead 103.9 FM Dial
WRIV - Riverhead 1390 AM Dial
News 12 Long Island
public schools are closed due to weather conditions, bus transportation
will not be provided to students attending private or parochial schools.
When road conditions in the early morning are hazardous but are expected to improve rapidly as the morning progresses, Riverhead may utilize a Two-Hour Delayed Opening for all of its schools. Students will report to their bus stops exactly two hours later than they normally would. This delayed opening may also be used for other types of emergencies.
All students attending private or parochial schools will follow the same procedure and report to their bus stops exactly two hours after their normal pickup times.
Notice of the delayed opening will be made as early as possible and broadcast on the listed radio stations, riverheadlocal and TV-Cablevision News 12. (See above list.)