In-District Concerts and Performances
Concerts – There are generally two regular ensemble concerts held each year – a winter concert and a spring concert.
- 4th grade: Students have two evening music concerts they perform in as a chorus/ensemble.
- 5th grade: Chorus students have two evening concerts, one in winter and one in spring as mentioned above. However, our new 5th grade band and orchestra students have just one band/orchestra performance, which is held in the spring. During this special performance, we celebrate the musical growth they’ve achieved on their new instrument that year.
- 6th through 12th grade: All school ensembles (bands, orchestras, choruses) have two evening concerts, one in winter and one in spring.
- Extracurricular and Chamber ensembles have their own, additional concert evenings and may also perform competitively.
- Additionally, all ensembles may be invited to perform at other school and community events throughout the school year.
Night of a Thousand Strings – The annual "Night of Strings" concert in June features all of our orchestras from Pulaski, RMS, and RHS (orchestra students from 5th grade through 12th grade) performing songs with their regular building ensembles, and then a grand finale featuring all 400+ string students on stage performing one piece together. This concert conveys the pride and passion of our string students and teachers, and we all get to appreciate how much the students have grown musically over a short period of years in our school orchestra program.