Terrence Culhane, Director of Safety & Security
814 Harrison Ave
Riverhead NY 11901
Bus rules include the following:
1. Follow the driver’s / monitor’s directions.
2. No pushing while boarding / leaving the bus.
3. When being seated, move toward the window and keep the aisle clear.
4. Stay in your seat.
5. Keep your hands, feet, body and objects to yourself.
6. No swearing, rude gestures, or cruel teasing.
7. No eating, drinking, or smoking on the bus.
8. Talk in a classroom voice.
9. Stay away from the bus when leaving.
10. Cell phone use is prohibited.
Anti-Violence and Anti-Bullying Programs
- Second Step Violence Prevention Program – For more information on this program as well as the Council for Unity and other violence prevention programs in the district, contact the district’s K-12 Violence Prevention Coordinator, Deborah Nigrel, at 631-369-6724.
- The NYS Dignity for All Students Act – New York State’s Dignity for All Students Act (The Dignity Act) seeks to provide the State’s public elementary and secondary school students with a safe and supportive environment free from discrimination, intimidation, taunting, harassment, and bullying on school property, a school bus and/or at a school function.
- Parent’s Guide to Cyberbullying
- Parent’s Guide to Facebook (SAFETY)