Riley Avenue Elementary School
SCHOOL-WIDE GOALS AT RILEY AVENUE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
At Riley, we want our pupils to truly enjoy their lower primary years as they learn and grow.
The following areas continue as goals:
1. Emphasis on comprehension and critical thinking through student engagement across the curriculum that reflects current expectations.
- Continue all aspects of our balanced literacy approach, with special attention to writing.
- Implementing National Geographic Science program (see link for parent information).
- Newly aligned district Social Studies curriculum.
- Customized Math modules to meet the needs of all our students.
2. Character education with an ongoing emphasis on the virtue of the month and community service.
- Put in Monthly virtues
3. Maintaining a safe learning environment, including anti-bullying initiatives and ongoing safety drills.
4. Encouraging an appreciation of all cultures within our school community.
5. Integrating technology in the classrooms to support 21st century learning.
6. Wellness, with an emphasis on healthy choices.