Riverhead High School
PSAT/NMSQT and Pre-ACT 2020 information for students and families:
PSAT NMSQT 2020 Letter
PSAT Sign Up 2020 Scan
Pre ACT Letter 2020
Important information regarding 2020 SUNY programs and admissions:
SUNY Virtual Information Session
– Suffolk County Community College – October 20, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Your students may register for the event, https://engage.suny.edu/register/info_sessions
SUNY Virtual College Fairs
– Thursday, October 1, 2020 from 6:00 p.m.– 8:00 p.m. ,Friday, October 2, 2020 from 4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m., Saturday, October 3, 2020 from 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m. and Saturday, October 3, 2020 from 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. The virtual college fairs will feature the 64 SUNY campuses. Suffolk County Community College will have a booth at the virtual college fairs for students and their parents to visit. Your students may register for the event, https://www.suny.edu/attend/events/virtual-college-fair/
Students may apply for admissions to Suffolk County Community College on-line, Apply Now
A message to students and families from the High School Guidance Office:
To help you and your family cope with this time period, consider the following wellness tips:
Practice Healthy Habits and take time for your own self-care. Make it a priority to get the necessary amount of sleep, eat well and exercise or go for walks regularly.
Seek news only from reliable sources, and in short blocks of time. It’s easy to find ourselves over-consuming news, hour by hour, minute by minute for the latest updates. Try not to become absorbed in the coverage for long periods of time. Find additional opportunities to disconnect in a healthy way.
Stay Connected, while avoiding crowds. School closures can mean you might find yourself isolated from the friends you would normally see at school. If so, make the effort to stay connected through social media, texting, email, and video calls. Stay in close contact with loved ones. Consider taking on a new hobby or interest!
Take frequent breaks to ease your mind and distract yourself when you start to feel anxiety or worry. Play a game. Read a book. Watch a movie. Download a meditation app. Take a yoga class.
For more information coping skills, click on activeminds.org/selfcare.
Mr. Charles Gassar
Mary Allen, Kathy Smith and Donna Alfano
Phone Numbers: 369 - 6728 / 6730
WEEKLY PROGRESS REPORT (Download Form)
Ms. Anastasia Cobis - A - Cichy - Grades 9 thru 12
Mr. Christopher Martin - Cioch - Gellner - Grades 9 thru 12
Ms. Jennifer Boese - George - Lewin - Grades 9 thru 12
Mr. Craig Korobow - Lewis - Oban - Grades 9 thru 12
Ms. Suzanne Maurino - O’Brien - Schultz - Grades 9 thru 12
Ms. Christy Salerno - Sci - Z - Grades 9 thru 12
Ms. Pamela Joyce - A - Z (ENL) - Grades 9 thru 12
Guidance Fax Number - 631-369-5164
Guidance Counselors are available to help you with the process of becoming career and college ready. Visit them often and attend upcoming events.
Method Test Prep
- Method Test Prep is an online course that helps students build their math, reading, writing and SAT prep skills. Set up an account at the following link:
- Students can listen to math, verbal and writing tutorials. Each tutorial is accompanied by a quiz to test student mastery. The program is highly adaptive and keeps track of a student’s strengths and weaknesses. Students have access to a large pool of practice questions and receive instant feedback upon completion of each question. Method Test Prep is interactive and time efficient. The website can be accessed at any time from anywhere with internet access.
- Students are encouraged to log in at: https://quickstart.collegeboard.org/posweb/login.jsp
- SAT PREP LOG-ON INSTRUCTIONS
Naviance has been in existence for several years and is the leading provider for high schools and colleges across the country for sending and receiving college applications, transcripts and letters of recommendation. It is currently being utilized by the majority of high schools across Long Island. The program is offered to the entire student body.
Check Calendar for Financial Aid Nights
Parents are reminded that any student planning on attending college in the fall should file a FASFA after October 1. Learn to file online.
VISIT FAFSA ON THE WEB: WWW.FAFSA.ED.GOV.
New York State's College Financial Aid Awareness Network provides financial aid information. For questions about financial aid, either visit the websites listed below OR call 1.888.NYS.HESC (1.888.697.4372)
The New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association (NYSFAAA) was founded in 1968 by a group of people involved in the financial aid process.
HESC is the state agency that helps people pay for college. HESC administers the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), guarantees federal student and parent loans, provides guidance for college planning and provides a highly-rated 529 college savings plan.
The guidance office has a current listing of some websites for various companies that are offering scholarships. SEE THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS.