Riverhead High School
October 2018 Guidance Events:
- October 2 In School College Fair (Period 6, for Seniors)
- October 10 PSAT (periods 1 thru 4. For 10th and 11th graders)
- October 10 College Information Night (6:00-8:00 PM)
- October 17 Evening College Fair (5:00-7:30 PM)
- October 25 NCAA Information Night (5:30-6:30 PM)
- October 25 Financial Aid Night (6:30-8:00 PM)
Mr. Charles Gassar
Mary Allen, Kathy Smith and Donna Alfano
Phone Numbers: 369 - 6728 / 6730
WEEKLY PROGRESS REPORT (Download Form)
Jennifer Boese - 9th Grade A – Z
Anastasia Cobis - A - Da
Chris Martin - De - Hernandez
Craig Korobow - Hernandez A - Milk
Suzanne Maurino - Miller - R
Christy Salerno - S - Z
Pamela Joyce - Bilingual Counselor A – Z
Guidance Fax Number - 631-369-5164
Guidance Counselors are available to help you with the process of becoming career and college ready. Visit them often and attend upcoming events.
Method Test Prep
- Method Test Prep is an online course that helps students build their math, reading, writing and SAT prep skills. Set up an account at the following link:
- Students can listen to math, verbal and writing tutorials. Each tutorial is accompanied by a quiz to test student mastery. The program is highly adaptive and keeps track of a student’s strengths and weaknesses. Students have access to a large pool of practice questions and receive instant feedback upon completion of each question. Method Test Prep is interactive and time efficient. The website can be accessed at any time from anywhere with internet access.
- Students are encouraged to log in at: https://quickstart.collegeboard.org/posweb/login.jsp
- SAT PREP LOG-ON INSTRUCTIONS
Naviance has been in existence for several years and is the leading provider for high schools and colleges across the country for sending and receiving college applications, transcripts and letters of recommendation. It is currently being utilized by the majority of high schools across Long Island. The program is offered to the entire student body.
Check Calendar for Financial Aid Nights
Parents are reminded that any student planning on attending college in the fall should file a FASFA after January 1. Learn to file online.
VISIT FAFSA ON THE WEB: WWW.FAFSA.ED.GOV.
New York State's College Financial Aid Awareness Network provides financial aid information. For questions about financial aid, either visit the websites listed below OR call 1.888.NYS.HESC (1.888.697.4372)
The New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association (NYSFAAA) was founded in 1968 by a group of people involved in the financial aid process.
HESC is the state agency that helps people pay for college. HESC administers the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), guarantees federal student and parent loans, provides guidance for college planning and provides a highly-rated 529 college savings plan.
The guidance office has a current listing of some websites for various companies that are offering scholarships. SEE THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS.