Student Registration

Brian Connelly

Dr. Lori Koerner, Assistant Superintendent for Elementary Education and Educational Services

Phone: 631-591-5921

Central Registration

 700 Osborne Avenue, Riverhead NY

Registration Office Phone: (631)-369-6706

Registration Office Fax: (631)-591-5972

If a parent / guardian needs assistance with the required documents needed to complete a registration, they may contact Central Registration at PPSREG@riverhead.net



The Migrant Education Program (MEP) is authorized by Title I, Part C of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The MEP provides a variety of educational services to families who work in agriculture, regardless of their nationality or legal status. This program is free of charge to all eligible families and may include tutoring, free school lunch eligibility, educational field trips, summer programs, parent involvement activities, emergency needs and referrals to other services as needed. 

Please take a few minutes to complete this questionnaire (English) (Spanish)

​According to NY State Law, in order to register your child/children in the School District, you must be physically domiciled at your address within the Riverhead School District’s geographic boundaries. All proofs of residency must be current, within 30 days of registration.

Documents required to register your child for school:

The following documents are required to register your child/children:

  1. Student Documentation (1 of the following) Birth Certificate, Record of Baptism or Passport (other documents may be considered if none of these are available).
  2. Current Physical & Immunization Record
  3. Consent for release of school records and students most recent transcript, report card and IEP if applicable.
  4. Proofs of Residency (Landlord Affidavit, if applicable). See chart on page 2 Section A and B. You must provide at least one item from Section A and two items from Section B. If you cannot provide 1 item from Section A, you will need to provide three items from Section B.  Required Proof of Residency Document Chart (English) (Spanish)
  5. Photo Identification
  6. Proof of Guardianship (if applicable)

Other forms that must be filled out:

  1. Home Language Questionnaire (HLQ) (English) (Spanish)
  2. Signed Consent for Release of School Records
  3. Residency Questionnaire

Online Registration – Riverhead students for 1st – 12th grade 

Online Registration – Riverhead students for kindergarten

Online Registration – Private/Parochial